Affiliate Networks are intermediaries between merchants that sell products and affiliates that promote them. Joining one benefits merchants and affiliates alike. Affiliate networks allow publishers the ability to search through merchants (advertisers) and join them in one place. Furthermore, they allow merchants to reach a larger audience and promote them to all affiliates in the network. There are other benefits too. You can compare commissions across different programs, receive prompt payment.
- ShareaSale is a massive affiliate network with over 3,900 merchants and 1 million+ affiliates. They’ve been in business for 20 years and are a leader in the industry. Some of their top verticals to promote include fashion, home and garden, food and drink, and B2B. But there are plenty more. Additionally, they provide great features, including affiliate marketing classes, training webinars, merchant recommendations, and marketing tools to help you grow your revenue.
Their platform is also reliable on the technology front. Specifically, the Shareasale platform provides easy access to affiliate links, reporting tools, and pride themselves on transparency, speed, efficiency, and accuracy.
2. CJ Affiliate (formerly Commission Junction) is an affiliate network that has been in the industry for 20 years. They process an incredible $16 billion in annual sales through their platform. If you’re looking to partner with some of the world’s biggest brands, becoming a CJ affiliate is a great choice. Brands like Overstock, Priceline, Branes & Noble, Lowes, IHG and J.CREW are just some of the merchants you can partner with on CJ.
On the publisher’s side, they partner with huge brands like CNN, Time, Digg, PMC, Loyalty One, wirecutter and Buzzfeed. With this stiff competition, one drawback is that it can be difficult for new affiliates to get approved to work with larger merchants. You’ll have to get creative with your email outreach to work with them. However, with their free and easy set-up, excellent real-time reporting, and reliable monthly payments, CJ is a great platform to join.
3. Amazon is just like an affiliate network. Once you sign up to become an Amazon Associate, you can then advertise and earn a commission from any of the products sold on amazon. You can earn up to 10% on over one million products. They also help you post links and promote products on your site with banners. While they’re not a network per se, they provide a massive range of products. One extra benefit is that when you link to a product with your Amazon affiliate link, you get credit for any product the user purchases in that session. Additionally, if they add a product to their cart and it remains there, you get credit for up to 90 days.
This makes it perfectly suited for a beginner as you can sign up to become an Amazon Associate then start dropping links to specific products on amazon into your articles or posts right from the start.
4. eBay partner network takes a similar approach like Amazon, and you can promote over 1.1 billion listings via affiliate links. However, you make revenue only when a user purchases within 24 hours of an eBay visit.
5. AliExpress is another retailer with millions of products to promote, Aliexpress is growing with over 130,000 sellers. And with commission rates up to 50% on certain products there could be some lucrative opportunities in this affiliate program.
6. Clickbank has a huge range of products available and covers all markets from health to digital services. Their presence is > 20 years & covering > 200 countries. There’s thousands of products you can promote as soon as you’ve signed up. One big benefit of digital products is that they often pay much higher commissions.
7. Lemonads is a performance marketing network with over 10,000 businesses that affiliates can promote. Affiliates gets Exclusive CPA offers from trusted brands, Smart affiliate link tools with reports so you can optimize your campaigns in real-time and Customer support through various channels.
8. Target Affiliates offers over one million products for sale and you can earn up to 8% commission on your referrals in popular categories.
9. Flexoffers.com is one of Top 10 Affiliate Network for Revenue performance in 2015 and 2016 according to Blue Book. It provides programs from well known brands and niche markets alike (over 12,000 programs to choose from). They also have an in-house editorial team to help create product marketing content for you to promote.
10. Impact Radius Marketplace manage a number of high paying affiliate programs and by joining their marketplace as a media partner you gain access to these advertisers. They have a multi-layered tracking system which is claimed to yield 17% higher revenues on the same traffic.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links that may provide me with a small commission at no cost to you. However, I have vetted every program in this guide and believe they are the best for generating affiliate revenue.